Monday, December 13, 2010

400 Wynnewood

I am brand new to blogging, but, having spent all the money I have, and all the money I hope to ever have, on this house, thought it might be a way of explaining our thought process through the renovation and restoration of our home.

First, I have to back up a number of months. Christina and I loved the house the first time we stepped on the porch. It had belonged to a couple who had lived in it for close to fifty years and had raised their family in it, had welcomed grandchildren back to it. It smelled like my grandmother's house. I like the feeling of ghosts in it and the odd quirks - the window in the closet, the sealed window in the cabinet, the 1930s kitchen.

The photo above is pretty much what it looked like when we found it, and what it looks like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment